Wednesday September 7th, & Thursday September 8th, 2022
We have received approval from the Ministry of Transport to proceed with the Dalton Drive Roadworks previously described to you.
- There will be no thoroughfare traffic on Dalton Drive during the excavation which will start September 7th, after the first ferries leave in the morning.
- Dalton Drive will reopen for thoroughfare traffic by 4:00pm on Thursday, September 8th, to accommodate the late afternoon and evening ferry traffic.
- We ask for your understanding in the logistics of managing this road repair. We will only understand the details of the work required once Dalton Drive is opened up.
- Dalton Drive residents on the south side of the trench will have “in and out” access route via Mariners Way, and residents on the north side of the trench will have “in and out” access via Village Bay Road.
- Residents on Dalton Drive and other residents and visitors on Mayne Island will be notified of the no thoroughfare traffic restriction via strategically placed signage, postings to Mayne Island Facebook.
- The Mayne Island Fire Department, the Mayne Island Ambulance Service, Emcon Mayne Island, RCMP Outer Gulf Islands, MI Courier will also be notified.
Thank you so much for your understanding, and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Ian Cocker & Rob Noyes